This agreement commences:
- As soon as you have indicated your acceptance of the centre membership, your membership starts immediately.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of Membership chosen.
- You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else.
REGISTRATION, FEES AND CHARGES
- By agreeing and paying your initial registration fee you agree to become an Action Petz member. Your membership with Action Petz becomes official on the date you choose to register with us and carries on independently of the type of membership you choose.
- All memberships incur a registration fee. This fee covers all the dogs living in the same household that are being registered at the same time.
- One-time access memberships require the payment of centre specific entry fees every visit.
- The Registration Fee (if one is payable) and first months’ membership fees are collected from you by us either by Debit / Credit card at time of purchase. Registration fees are applied to cover the initial administration costs associated with setting up a new membership and your dog’s temperament assessment.
- In accordance with our safety policies all dogs, regardless of membership type, are required to have a temperament reassessment on an annual basis. The cost of the annual reassessment is £10 per year per household. If during your membership term you add an additional dog(s) to your household additional temperament checks also cost £10. Newly adopted dogs over 3 months of age must have lived with you for a least six (6) weeks before they are registered and permitted entry.
- Your second recurring card payment for your Ultimate or Off-Peak membership fee will be collected according to your centre of choice’s payment scheme (individual centre pay dates may vary). Subsequent recurring card payments for Ultimate and Off-Peak membership fees will be collected monthly thereafter. Each payment made is not refundable under any circumstances.
- If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then we may pass the debt onto a third-party company for collection. The reasonable costs incurred in employing the third-party company will be borne by you including costs in tracing you should you have changed your address without telling us.
- If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any payment is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of £25.
- From time to time Action Petz may need to increase the price of membership and associated services. We will give you at least 1 full months’ notice of any upcoming price increase and we will make it clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase. During this period, you will have your usual right to terminate your membership in accordance with the membership terms and conditions. If you do not terminate the membership by the date given to you in the notice then the price of your membership will be increased in accordance with our notice.
- Action Petz reserves the right to withdraw any current promotions, deals, offers or discounts at any time.
- You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the membership details provided.
- Registered dog owners must be 18 years of age or older.
- A £5.99 monthly charge is applied if you freeze your membership. Your membership can be frozen for a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 3 months, after which your membership will automatically be un-frozen and will revert back to your monthly rate. Freeze only applies to Ultimate and Off-Peak memberships and will start from your payment date. Membership payments will not be taken whilst your membership is frozen, however, if you wish to visit the dog park during the freeze period, one-time access fees will apply each visit. Please be aware this must be actioned at least 3 working days prior to your payment date..
- Action Petz reserves the right to make or change minor points or amendments to the Membership Terms and Conditions without notice to you, and to notify you by posting an updated version of these Terms on the website ( www.actionpetz.com), at which point they will become immediately effective. By continuing to use Action Petz services, you agree to the most recent Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently in the Centre and relate to use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time provided we give you advance notice of the change.
- You agree that your dog(s) must have up-to-date vaccines to benefit from the play park, that vaccination certificates must be provided to Action Petz every year, and any updates and/or changes on the vaccination certificates should be notified to the Centre Manager as soon as possible. Individual Action Petz play parks might accept titre testing, however, owners are strongly advised to consult well in advance if their centre of choice does accept titre testing.
- You agree that any children under the age of 18 accompanying you to any Action Petz centre must be supervised at all times. In accordance with our park rules, you agree that children cannot be allowed to be in the main park without an adult, that children cannot climb any of the park’s equipment and that children must not play with/climb the dog play/agility equipment. You agree that, at busier times and for the safety of children, we can request children under 14 years to remain in a designated safe area.
- If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the Centre Rules. In this event you will not be liable to pay any further payments to us, provided such breach is not deemed by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.
- We reserve the right to withdraw all or any part of our facilities for short periods of time to carry out routine maintenance and for exhibitions/events. Members will be given advance warning of these times and no refunds will apply in these circumstances provided they occasion no more than 10 times in any 12-month period. If other circumstances occur that are beyond our control and require the closure of whole or part of the facility for more than 7 days in any 12-month period, your membership may be frozen for the period of time that the centre / area is closed.
- We accept NO liability for lost or stolen goods whilst on our premises unless as a direct result of our negligence. Property left unattended is done so at your own risk. Cars parked outside the premises and all contents in them are your responsibility and we will not accept liability for loss or damage to them.
- In accordance with our Park Rules and in order to provide a healthy and safe environment; female and male dogs are not allowed to toilet in any of the indoor sections of the park. Dogs that repeatedly toilet indoors (more than 3 times in one visit) will be required to wear a dog wrap which can be purchased from the centre’s reception.
- Although we make every effort to provide dogs with enclosed, safe spaces, we cannot guarantee a dog will not escape from our premises. The fencing installed at our centres is at a minimum height of 6 feet. If your dog tends to jump fences, you assume all risks of bringing him/her to our premises and release Action Petz, its owners, employees or agents of any liability or any damage whatsoever arising from the fencing provided at our centres.
- In enrolling at Action Petz, members understand that using Action Petz and the facilities does so at his/her and the dog or dogs’ own risk. Action Petz and its owners, employees or agents, shall not be liable for any damage whatsoever arising from any personal injury or property loss sustained to the participant including his/her family/guests in or about any programs on the premises. Participants and dog owners assume full responsibility for all injuries and damages which occur in or about the premises, He/She does hereby fully and forever release discharged hold harmless Action Petz Limited, all associated facilities and its owner, employees, and agents from any and all claims, demands, damages or rights of action, present or future resulting from any person’s participation in any programs or use of the facility.
- Exempt dogs under BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) are not permitted entry.
- By becoming an Action Petz member you agree and give Action Petz consent to store yours and your dog(s) personal details provided to us by you via our membership registration form. You are required to notify us of any changes to your personal and/or contact details, including your name, address and telephone numbers. You are also required to notify us immediately of any changes to your dog’s health, and medical history including any changes to your dog’s behaviour or temperament. Action Petz will never sell your personal information. Your membership information is stored in a secure database, we use this data for you and your dog(s) to gain access to our centre and to administer your membership account. At Action Petz we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to:
- Administer your membership account.
- Provide you with the services you have requested from us.
- Ensure you gain access to our facility.
- Ensure all dogs in our centre enjoy a safe stay.
- I the undersigned parent/ dog owner or guardian/participant do hereby grant authority to the staff at Action Petz to render a judgement concerning medical assistance or hospital /veterinary care in the event of an accident or illness during my absence and all associated costs will be my responsibility.
- I do hereby authorise Action Petz and its assigns to utilise any and all photographs, pictures or other likeness of me or anyone/dog assigned guardianship to me, as they deem appropriate in its promotional printed and digital material and team films.
- Unless otherwise stated by me, I agree for Action Petz to contact me via e-mail, text message and phone.
- Should you wish to cancel your membership you are required to provide the Action Petz centre at which you are registered one months’ written notice. Written notices of cancellation can be provided via e-mail or letter.
- In the above circumstances, should your next membership payment be due within your one month’s written notice period, said payment will be processed as your final payment, and your membership will expire 30 days after this last payment has been taken.
- If you cancel your Ultimate or Off-Peak membership giving one months’ notice under the present Terms and Conditions and you wish to re-join at a later date, you will be required to pay the joining fee as well as the membership fee at the current price of the centre you have chosen on the day you re-join.
All memberships are NON-REFUNDABLE. In exceptional circumstances, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund of your membership only at the discretion of the centre manager and if there are reasonable grounds shown upon which a refund is the most fair and best solution for both you and us.
The 3-strike policy is designed to spot, identify and modify unwanted behaviours and patterns in dogs and dog owners that do not follow the park rules. We pride ourselves in safety, and in order to uphold our excellent safety record, we have implemented the following policy.
The objective of this policy is to make our centre a safe, comfortable and happy place for ALL dog owners and ALL staff, and to give all dogs the opportunity to play and exercise in a calm and fun environment.
- What grants a strike?
- Aggression from a dog toward other dogs/people.
- Out of control, rough play that might lead to injuries.
- Dogs that bully and harass other dogs and/or without suitable intervention from the owner.
- Excessive and out of control barking.
- Disruptive and out of control dogs that do not listen to owners and/or staff instructions.
- Dog owners that fail to follow our staff instructions.
- Dog owners not supervising their dog(s) and children.
- Dogs with issues over resources (possessiveness over toys/treats/people).
If you or your dog(s) present a behaviour granting a strike, you will be verbally informed by our staff (this will also be recorded in writing) and give you sufficient time to amend any issues.
If you or your dog keep presenting any of the issues that might grant a strike, you will be verbally informed and said strike will be recorded in our electronic database system as well as in writing.
Dogs and dog owners given their third strike must be retired immediately from the park. The Freedom Park and/or Day Care (evenings only) can be used as an alternative. A consultation with a qualified dog trainer and/or behaviourist can be arranged if you request it.